Monday, August 18, 2008

Oklahoma Weather History.....August 18 (continued)

The following is the aftermath of the storm I posted about yesterday in the entry below. It must have been some sight to say the least. Again this is from the National Weather Service website.


Residents who were in the path of the 1994 Lahoma storm, awoke on this morning to find a strange world. The devastating wind and hail storm on the previous day had stripped nearly every tree of leaves in the Lahoma and Drummond areas. That, along with plowed fields from harvested wheat, left the August landscape looking eerily more like mid winter. Hail was still on the ground in some protected areas around Lahoma on the afternoon of the 18th, more than 24 hours after the storm.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm spreading the comment love over here!

I read your blog every time your post and I love it...very interesting and I need to be better about clicking through and commenting!

I would like to see a picture of a hailstone the size of a football. That's a little crazy.