Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday Update

Just got done studying for my Intermediate Accounting test tomorrow, but before I go to bed here are my thoughts for Monday......

We have ALMOST all ingredients in place for a fairly nasty severe weather event Monday night. The one thing that will be lacking the most is moisture. Even if moisture ends up being a little low, I expect a few supercells to form in western Oklahoma between 5 and 7PM. The storms will probably be along a line from Alva to Clinton to Altus. Wind shear will be more than adequate for the storms to acquire rotation. They will move in an easterly direction at about 25 to 30MPH, putting them at the Highway 81 corridor around 9PM and possibly the I-35 corridor between 10:00 and 11:00. The storms will be capable of very large hail and isolated tornadoes, especially in the 9:00 to 11:00 timeframe, which is when surface winds will increase out of the SE, feeding the storm's inflow.

I will add that we should be thankful that moisture isn't going to be any higher than it already is going to be on Monday. If that were the case, I would be talking about the potential for strong/possibly violent tornadoes Monday night.

No comments: